Ryanair DAC is an Irish airline that is also the largest European budget airline. The brand was established in 1984, and since then, it has grown exponentially. Today, the airline operates in 40 countries with 200+ destinations with 470+ aircraft.
Booking flights with Ryanair is pretty easy. You can either book through the official website or quickly get a ticket at the airport as well.
However, flight cancellations are frustrating under any circumstance. Sometimes you cannot avoid canceling due to unexpected situations. This Irish airline is pretty flexible when it comes to its policies. Let’s read ahead to know more about the Ryanair Cancellation Policy.
How To Cancel Ryanair Bookings Online?
Follow these easy steps for a seamless cancelling experience:
- Go to the official website of Ryanair.
- Scroll to the ‘My Booking’ tab on the top right corner.
- You can choose your reservation Number and your email address.
- Get access to your account and select the booking you want to cancel.
- Another window pops up with all the details of the booking. Scroll down and select the ‘Cancel’ option to confirm your cancellation.
- ‘Customer Consent’ page will appear. You will have to ‘Proceed’ to the passenger identification web page.
- If you are cancelling due to health issues, you can submit the required documents to support the cause. It will benefit your refund.
- Now review your cancellations and then go to the refund page.
On the refund page, submit your cancellation and request a refund. You will get a confirmation in less than 4 hours. As per the norms, you will get the refund back to the original payment method in 7 to 10 business days.
How To Track Flight Cancellation Status On Ryanair?
Once you have cancelled your flight, you will need confirmation mail to get your refund. Normally, the airline is pretty busy on the holidays, or the server is usually slow during non-working hours. So to check your cancellation status, follow the steps below:
- Go to the official website of Ryanair.
- Go to your account.
- Check your booking and select it.
- It automatically goes to a status page where you can cross-check the cancellation status of the booking.
Ryanair Cancellation Charges
Ryanair does not provide any refund for cancellations 24 hours before their scheduled departures.
- The cancellation fee ranges from $19 – $25 and is applicable when you cancel before a month of the scheduled departure.
- The cancellation fee depends on the flight’s destination, the customer, the timing of the cancellation, and the ticket type.
How To Claim Compensation From Ryanair?
Ryanair provides compensation for cancelled and delayed flights. Since it’s the fault at the airline’s end, they offer compensation based on the distance.
|If flight covered < 1500 KM||Compensation goes up to $300|
|If flight covered 1500-3500 KM||Compensation goes up to $450|
|If flight covered > 3500 KM||Compensation goes up to $750|
Involuntary Cancellation of Ryanair Flight
If there is an involuntary Ryanair flight ticket cancellation, then you are eligible to:
- Ryanair will give you a full refund of the unused ticket within 7 days.
- Ryanair will also refund for the partially used ticket within 7 days as well as provide transportation to the origin point of travel free of cost.
- Re-routing to the next flight is scheduled.
- You get meal vouchers and refreshments as you wait.
- Two phone calls and emails at the expense of the brand.
- They give hotel accommodation on the house if the re-routing involves an overnight stay.
Where Is Ryanair Refund Policy Applied?
The Ryanair Cancellation Policy is applicable on both refundable and non-refundable tickets. Yes, you can easily apply for a refund without any hassle. The cancellation charges vary depending on the destinations, the ticket class, and the time.
To avail of the refund, you need to book the flight tickets from:
- The online portal of Ryanair website.
- Via phone with Ryanair.
- Via the Ryanair ticket counter at the airport.
Any tickets through travel agencies will not have access to a full refund. The Ryanair cancellation policy states that you will only get a full refund when you cancel within 24 hours of buying it.
However, this concept of full refund is available for US and Canadian customers and not for customers from the UK and Europe.
|24 hours within the purchase||Full refund|
|If you miss the flight||100% non-refundable|
|If you can cancel a month or more prior||$19-$22|
|If you cancel before 7 days of schedule departure||< $15 depending on the flight.|
What Happens If Ryanair Cancels The Flight?
In case Ryanair cancels the flight, then as per the brand’s cancelled flight rules, you are entitled to a refund and compensation only if:
- If your flight gets delayed by more than 3 hours than the original time.
- If the information about the cancellation is not delivered before 14 days from the departure date.
- If you have been denied boarding due to technical error or overbooking.
- If you couldn’t board the flight due to some reasons created in the airport or unexpected situations.
If the airline doesn’t let you board due to a technical glitch, you are entitled to the next earliest flight or re-routing, along with compensations of:
- Meals and refreshments
- Hotel accommodation
- Airport transportation
- Transportation to alternate airports