WIZZ Air is an ultra-low-cost carrier airline that serves all across Europe and a few other cities but originated in Hungary. They provide high-quality service and also offer cargo and mail carriers. It has been getting a 7-star safety rating for several consecutive years.
Booking a WIZZ Air flight is pretty easy since you can either book through the website or the official customer care telephone number. But with every booking comes the possibility of cancellation. Hence, it is better to be well-versed with the cancellation policy to make the process smooth.
In case you have to cancel your bookings, you can read ahead to know more about the WIZZ cancellation policy.
WIZZ Cancellation By Passengers
You need to complete the cancellation of the reservation by 3 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure time. Cancellation is final only when payment returns (only if applicable) or you get the notification about it.
- In One-Way Reservations: Cancellation is possible till 3 hours before the scheduled departure time of the flights.
- In Two-Way Reservations: Cancellation before the first flight applied to both the flights. But before the second one, if you cancel, the second flight gets cancelled, but it is non-refundable.
WIZZ Cancellation Process
Follow these steps to cancel WIZZ bookings:
- Go to the official website
- Log into your WIZZ profile
- Select the reservation you want to cancel
- Select the passengers whose booking you need to cancel, and you can select all the passengers in the same step if it’s for all
- Confirm the cancellation under the page
- Settle any payments left to process the cancellation
If you use the WIZZ voucher to make the booking, the cancellation applies to all passengers and all flights at the same time.
In Case Of Voluntary Flight Cancellation
You can cancel your flight and rebook onto the next available for the same destination or alternate transport options. Related reasonable and precise documents will apply for reimbursement on the website. It’s better to submit all the relevant receipts and invoices connected to alternate travel costs.
You can cancel any reservation and request a refund in WIZZ credits for any cancelled flight. If it is applicable, you can request a refund to your original payment method for the return sector.
If WIZZ Cancels The Flight
Due to unexpected circumstances, if WIZZ cancels the flight, they will immediately find an alternate flight. They will send the new details to your mail and phone. If no flight is available, they will find an alternate mode of transportation to help you reach your destination.
In the event of rerouting, if there is any delay on the connecting flights, WIZZ arranges hotel accommodation and transportation from the airport to the place for free. WIZZ Air will refund all the costs of meals, hotel accommodations, and transportation at places where it is not feasible.
|250 EUR||1500 km or less||The amount reduces by 50% if the company offers you a new flight and the arrival time doesn’t go beyond the scheduled arrival time of the booked flight by 2 hours|
|400 EUR||Between 1501 to 3500 km in case of all intra-Community (EU-EEA) flights||The amount reduces by 50% if they offer you a new flight and the arrival time doesn’t exceed the scheduled arrival time of your previously booked flight by 3 hours|
|600 EUR||Over 3500 km (only applicable for all the non-intra-Community (EU-EEA) flights)||This refund amount will reduce by 50% in case they offer you a new flight and the arrival time doesn’t go beyond the scheduled arrival time of your booked flight by 4 hours|
You will not get compensation if they inform you about the cancellation under the following conditions:
- If it’s informed two weeks before the scheduled time of departure time.
- You get the information between 2 weeks and seven days before your planned date, and an alternate flight is already offered to you.
- They inform the departure time < 2 hours before the STD and the arrival time < 4 hours after the Scheduled Time of Arrival.
- When it’s informed less than seven days before the scheduled time of departure, they offer an alternate flight.
- The departure time is not more than 1 hour before the scheduled time of departure. And the arrival time is anything less than 2 hours after the scheduled time of arrival.
- WIZZ Air isn’t obligated to pay any compensation if cancellation is due to extraordinary circumstances that they can’t avoid.